A Tale of Two Souls
The Tanya - Classes
See available formats below
This tape series presents the profound and animated classes on Tanya, taught by the beloved scholar and teacher, Rabbi Yosef Yitzchak Jacobson. The Tanya of Rabbi Schneur Zalman of Liadi was published for the first time in 1796 (5557). For the next 200 years, its more than four thousand editions have invigorated the Jewish world with a message of spiritual inspiration. In this foundational classic, the Alter Rebbe articulated the Chabad school of Chassidic thought, fusing the rational and mystical streams of Torah into a unified, comprehensive program for life.
Volume One: Tanya inculdes 15 tapes covering classes on the Introduction through Chapter 3. Classes include:
- The life and times of Rabbi Schneur Zalman
- Man in Search of Identity
- Discovering Your Personal Path to G-d
- The Sanctity of Intimacy
- And more.
Volume Two: Tanya includes 16 tapes covering classes on Chapter 4 to Chapter 9. Classes include:
- Opening Windows of the Soul
- Gastronomic Torah
- How to Deal with a Dark Past
- Perversion of Intimacy
- And more
Volume Three: Tanya includes 16 tapes covering Chapter 10 to Chapter 17. Classes include:
- The Value of Teenage Rebellion
- Jewish Guilt
- Mind Over Heart
- How to Gain Control Over Your Life
- Emotional Love and Practical Love
- And More.
Volume Four: Tanya contains 14 tapes covering Chapter 17 to Chapter 24. Classes include:
- Hitting Rock Bottom
- What is a Soul?
- The Chassidic Theory of Relativity
- The Delusion of Ego
- Living the Lie
- and more
Volume Five covers chapters 24 through 30.
- By Rabbi Yosef Y. Jacobson
- Publisher: Heichal Menachem