You're no idiot, of course. You know that in the Jewish religion Yom Kippur is the Day of Atonement and that Saturday, known as the Sabbath, is the day of rest. But when it comes to understanding Jewish traditions, rituals, prayers, and holidays, you feel like you're parting and crossing the Red Sea without God's help.
Making sense of Judaism really isn't that hard, especially if you have The Complete Idiot's Guide to Understanding Judaism, second Edition. In this updated and revised Complete Idiot's Guide you get:
- A "Judaism 101" course in basic Jewish beliefs about God, the world, and history.
- An introduction to all the "best-sellers" of Judaism, from the Bible to the mystical teachings of the Kabbalah.
- Enlightening insights into how Jews deal with sex, love, marriage, raising children, mourning, and more.
- A look at contemporary Jewish life, the different movements, the modern-day problems, and a prognosis for what lies ahead.
- Learn more about...traditions, rituals and ceremonies; what happens in a synagogue; keeping Kosher; anti-Semitism; the secrets of Jewish survival; and more.
Notice: Undefined variable: gppub in /home/judaism/public_html/scripts.php on line 1403