The Egyptian exile. Moses, the ten plagues, the Exodus from Egypt and the revelation at Mt. Sinai. The gift of the Written and the Oral Torah. The building of the Mishkan.
Torah Anthology ShemotExodus 1-7 Volumes: 4-10
By Rabbi Yaakov Culi
Translated by: Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan
Part of the "Torah Anthology Tanach" series.
The Me'am Lo'ez (Torah Anthology) commentary on the Bible was originally written in the Ladino language in Constantinople, first by Rabbi Yaakov Culi, one of the greatest Sephardic sages of his times. The first books were first published in 1730. Later volumes were completed by successive rabbinic scholars. It is a monumental classical work which weaves halachah and aggadah from the Talmud and the Midrash with the best of the later commentaries to produce an exceedingly thorough, yet immensely readable, work. The Torah Anthology is a clear, modern translation. These volumes are among the best commentaries ever written on the Torah - in any language. They are a veritable enclyclopedia of Jewish knowledge.
Torah Portions included per volume:
- Volume 4 Israel in Egypt: Shemos, VaEra
- Volume 5 Redemption: Bo, BeShalach
- Volume 6 The Ten Commandments: Yisro
- Volume 7 The Laws: Mishpatim
- Volume 8 Acceptance: Mishpatim II
- Volume 9 The Tabernacle: Terumah, Tetzaveh, Ki Sisa I
- Volume 10 Sin & Reconciliation: Ki Sisa II (by Rabbi Yitzchok Maqriso)