This inspiring, informative guide shows us how we can use the often overlooked time at the end of each day to enhance our spiritual, physical and psychological wellbeing.
Each chapter takes a new look at traditional Jewish prayers and what they have to teach us about the spiritual aspects of preparing for the end of the day, and of sleep itself. Drawing on Kabbalistic teachings, prayer, the Bible and midrash, the authors enrich our understanding of traditional bedtime preparations, and show how, by including them in our bedtime rituals, we can gain insight into our lives and access the spiritual enrichment the world of dreams has to offer.
Clear illustrations and diagrams, step-by-step meditations, visualization techniques and exercise suggestions for fully integrating body, mind and spirit show us the way to:
- Hashkivenu Freeing ourselves from spiritual impediments
- Hareni Mochel Praying for forgiveness
- Shema Asking for acceptance and understanding
- Bircat Kohanim Finding comfort in protection
- Hamapil Thanking God for sleep and illumination