Law, Ethics, and Customs:
Since 1864, Rabbi Shlomo Ganzfried's Kitzur Shulchan Aruch has been one of the world's most widely used Halachic guides for daily Jewish living. No work of Halachah has been reprinted so many times in so many countries. Now ArtScroll / Mesorah has embarked on a major project to present a clear, authoritative, definitive treatment of this classic text, presenting "the Kitzur" in the same universally acclaimed format as ArtScroll's Schottenstein Edition of the Talmud.
Kitzur Shulchan Aruch Vol. 1Code of Jewish Law (Simanim 1-34)
Edited by Rabbi Nosson Scherman and Rabbi Meir Zlotowitz
6"x9" (400 Pages)Publisher: Artscroll/Mesorah, 2008
Part of the "Kitzur Shulchan Aruch " series.
A special major feature that will make this an even more useful Halachic guide:
- Fully vowelized text of the Kitzur Shulchan Aruch, based on the author's own corrected Lemberg edition of 1884
- Crisp, clear translation appropriate for student and scholar alike
- ArtScroll's trademark phrase-by-phrase elucidation with explanatory notes
- Original editorial glosses from Rabbi Shlomo Ganzfried
- Detailed appendices
This edition lists important rulings of two of the last century's most widely studied halachic authorities, when they differ from the Kitzur:
With these vitally important additions, The Kleinman Edition of the Kitzur Shulchan Aruch / Code of Jewish Law will be a valuable and useful resource to all.
- Mishnah Berurah, the Chafetz Chaim's authoritative commentary on Orach Chaim
- Igros Moshe, the monumental responsa of the Posek Hador, HaGaon Rav Moshe Feinstein zt"l.