Lessons in Tanya
5 Volume Set Compact
See available formats below
Two hundred years ago, in 1796, Tanya was published for the first time - and its 3000 editions since have repeatedly invigorated the Jewish world with a message of informed inspiration. in this brief classic, Rabbi Schneur Zalman of Liadi, ( 1745-1812) articulated the Chabad-Lubavitch school of chassidic thought, filtering the mystical teachings of the Baal Shem Tov through the intellectual framework of traditional Jewish scholarship. In '1996, in celebration of the original publication of Tanya, Kehot Publication Society is publishing Lessons in Tanya. This exposition began as a unique course of weekly lectures ("shiurim") delivered over the New York airwaves by Rabbi Yosef Wineberg, a noted teacher renowned for his lucid explanations of Chassidut. The lectures were eventually distilled into print, and appeared in rapidly repeated editions in Yiddish and Hebrew as Shiurim BeSefer HaTanya.Each line of Tanya is printed in Hebrew/Yiddish original and English translation, followed by an explanation.
Available in a compact 5 volume set and standard size single volumes. Cover may vary from that shown.
- By Rabbi Schneur Zalman of Liadi and Rabbi Yosef Wineberg
- Translated by: Rabbis Sholom and Levi Wineberg
- 4.5"x6.5"Publisher: Kehot, 1996
- Item #20833 has a ground shipping cost of $5.00 each plus the one time $4.95 per order charge.
- Item #20842 has a ground shipping cost of $5.00 each plus the one time $4.95 per order charge.