Do you imagine that nobody's else's kids fight the way yours do?
Hearing shrieks and screams, I stormed into the playroom ready to screech, What s going on here?! But stopped myself, remembering the lessons from Miriam s workshop. Lo and behold the next thing I heard was silence!
How we all dearly long for just a little peace and quiet. Yet instead many times we seem to be confronted by war and in our own homes! Establishing shalom and developing good middos in our children is a sacred Jewish task. In this book Miriam Levi, noted educator, author and lecturer, shares many invaluable ideas and practical tools that will enable parents to modify their children s behavior. By altering our customary way of viewing events we will be in better control of our emotions, which will in turn enable us to act as true educators.
Some of the issues explored in this book are:
The more we incorporate these practical lessons into our lives and homes, the more sanity will prevail. Now you can have your own personal session with Miriam Levi and you too will see, as so many others have, that peace and harmony are really within your reach.
- Learning to be calm and to speak in calm, quiet tones.
- Learning to let go of negative judgments and to see our children in a positive light.
- Coming to terms with the disparity between the way we want things to be, and the way they are.
- When and when not to intervene.
- The art of facilitation or mediation.
- Instilling in our children Jewish values which promote peace.